Friday, October 24, 2014

So I never want to come home. These past couple of days have been the hardest but best days of my life. The MTC is such a great place and it is definitely putting my faith to the test. But my faith has also never has strengthened so greatly in this short of a time. I was blessed before I even got on a plane to be surrounded with sisters and elders who were also flying out to the MTC. I even knew one of the sisters, such a small ward. That is one thing I have noticed since I have been here is that I have been surrounded by friends and familiar faces. And even if I do meet someone for the first time, they never feel like strangers. The Lord has truly blessed me to feel at home. We are always kept so so so busy. When they said full-time they weren't kidding lol. We are always doing something and every second of our day is planned. There is never anytime to even think about yourself. Which is a good thing because the days are long but they are going by quick. I was so excited to find out that my branch president, President Wing is the father of Dr. (brother) Wing in Stratland ward and he is my orthodontist! Such a crazy world. And him and his wife are absolutely the sweestest. I am even more blessed because I love mi companera and The Lord knew I needed someone like her because she wants to run all the time and avoid all the sweets with me. Yay! I will say this, the food in the MTC is not my favorite part and definitely not why I am here! I have felt sick after every meal but I think I am getting more used to it because it is getting better. With my district, they keep telling us that it is a super rare situation because there are 9 hermanas and only 2 ELDERS. Crazy right?! But I am so blessed because all the sisters I am with are so strong and uplift and strengthen me. Well I don't have much time but I just wanted to share a few quotes and thoughts from these past two days:
The first day here we had a new missionary devotional type thing and in one of the talks this was said, "Don't worry about your family. Because you are here they will be kept safe and protected." that brought me much peace and I wanted my family to know that. 

"The teachers are no better than the learners." That humbled me because even though I am serving a full time mission the souls that I come in contact with have just as great of worth as I do. In God's eyes we are loved just as equally and as deeply and as members of the church we are no better than ANYONE else. We are not our sins. And they do not define or catergorize us. That is why we NEED Christ and his Atonement. 

"A testimony is necessary but that alone is not sufficient enough. We need to live it!" -David A. Bednar    I love that quote and it reminded me of the scripture that faith without works is dead. 

Well I am almost out of time but I wanted everyone to know how much I love care for you! The spanish is hard for me. I can understand 99 percent of what is being said (teachers don't say anything in english in class, only spanish) but the actual speaking is very difficult. I was asking mi maestro so many questions and he could tell that I was having major doubts and he said, "hermana, fe! Which means I need to have faith. My faith will be tested very soon because we teach our first lesson to a real person in a few hours IN ALL SPANISH. Pray for me! lol. But I know that I am not the teacher, the Spirit is. I am only the mouthpiece. Wish me suerte! (luck) 

To anyone who wants to write me emails my Pday is every Friday! Sorry I don't have time to upload pictures this week but I took a ton of cute ones. To those of you who I didn't email. Lo siento (i'm sorry- I have def used that phrase a ton here lol) I ran out of time! 

 till next week, 
Hermana Cannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment