Monday, June 13, 2016

Well everyone I know I´ve been terrible at writing every week but I think that I deserve to finish my last week in the mission with my last email. This past week has already been hard thinking about saying goodbye, I can´t imagine how hard it´s going to be when it actually comes.
On Sunday I was given the opportunity to give a talk. I used the story of the seminary teacher who has a student do ten pushups for each person in the class for a donut. Its a comparison of Christ´s sacrifice of The Atonement. It´s a super powerful story and I recommned all of you who haven´t read it to read it now!! Anyway, I have changed in many ways throughout my mission (almost all for the better) and suprisingly one of those changes is that I don´t become a crying mess when I get up to bear my testimony or teach. I still feel the Spirit just as strong but I´m able to hold it in more. :)
This past week, my companion and I were able to see how the Lord works and prepares the hearts of His children. The mom of a young recent convert that we teach, for the first time showed real interest to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet and asked us with sincerity how she could know for herself. Mirta, one of our investigators who was a reference from a member in the branch, confided in us enought to tell us why it was hard for her to come to church. Through the guidance of the Spirit we were able to help her and on Sunday she CAME! I am grateful that my Heavenly Father is letting se a few more miracles before I have to leave.
Soooo here it is... The truth is its really scary and sad to know that I will be ending one chapter in my life and opening up a new one. But what the mission has taught me is that I will never go back to being the person I was before I served a mission. I am grateful for all the things I have been able to learn and what the mission and others have taught me. I now know what I need to do and how I can do it! I have learned that the most important thing in this life is the Gospel and I wouldn´t have chosen any other way to spend this past year and a half of my life. Even though my mission wasn´t the most normal and there were bumps and obstacles all along the way, I wouldn´t have wished it to be any other way. I know that throughout my time in the mission I have been able to be led and guided by my Heavenly Father and by letting Him guide me I have been able to see His hand, feel His presence, and become even more close to Him. I am eternally grateful for this precious time that I´ve had to serve and I can´t wait to serve Him for the rest of my life!
The Gospel is so good and the church is so true! Nos vemos pronto!
Hermana Cannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment