Monday, June 15, 2015

Holaaaa from the freezing Argentina! 
This week has seriously flown by and it´s the weirdest thing to be this cold in the middle of June (Summer!!). Just to get a picture of how cold we are here .. me and my comp study in all our winter clothes, jackets, and all, and even our gloves! To sleep, I literally sleep in every piece of clothing that I have, from fuzzy socks to a hoodie over my head. Anything to keep buddled up. 

Besides the freezing cold this week has been a week of miracles and progress for our investigators!! Last Monday was the anniversary of our investigators, Carlos and Angelica, who have a date set for both their marriage and baptism!! They have never had brownies before so I told them I´d bake some and they were so good! I put dulce de leche on top (which everything is better with dulce de leche) and oreos on top. They were de diez!! But most importantly, Carlos and Angelica loved it! 

Wednesday, I had my first intercambio (exchange) again! I was with the Hermana Small from Pennsylvania! It was so great to see new things and meet new people. But I have come to find out that it is bad when two Yankees get together because we end up bringing out the Yankee-ness in each other. Like talking about all things American lol. 

Then the greatest thing ever happened on Saturday! Our other investigator, Erica, in our lesson with her told us that she knew that The Book of Mormon was true. We just barely sat down to start the lesson when she couldn´t help but jumping up and opening up her Book of Mormon to show us what she had read and learned. And when we talk about her baptism, there is no hesitation and it is a serious yes. This is so night and day difference because the very first lesson with her she was very timid and told us many times that she just wasn´t interested. But the Gospel and the Holy Ghost works in wonderous ways! It has been the greatest thing to watch her life, everything change for the better. These are the moments I live for in the mission. 

We are so pumped for Father´s Day because the ward and us are planning a huge activity. We are in charge of the games and I am stealing a game I played in singles ward once, human real life fusball! It is actually like how it sounds. Theres long poles that everyone holds one to. But no one can move forward or backward, only side to side. Just like the table game of fusball. I´ll be sure to take tons of pictures!! 

For a boost of spirituall coolness I found a super awesome quote by the super awesome President Monson that has pretty much summed up my life the past 4 months. It says...

"Our Heavenly Father, who gives us to much to delight in, also knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we MUST pass... Such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were- better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before." 

Trials are a blessing! Life is way to short to be miserable. A motto that I have for my mission this time around is to be happy everyday! To find something that makes me happy, every single day. In the midst of trials or not. Smile because God is in control! 

Have a happy week! Love you! 
Hermana Colchone

No comments:

Post a Comment