Friday, June 12, 2015

Hola!!
   I can´t believe I´m almost at my one month mark, again! This transfer is flying by but it also feels like I never left and that I´ve been in this area forever! I first just wanted to say happy birthday to my little trev trev. I can´t believe that you´ll be 7 this week!! Words cannot express how much I want one of your little hugs right now. I love you! oh and Ellie too hahahaa. 

This week has been crazy! And lots of things unexpected and out of the ordinary. And dont worry I have plenty of funny stories (well I think they´re funny). 

1. Baja La Caña 
The first has to do with a family of the ward that we eat lunch with every Wednesday. As missionaries of Romero we were planning a Jeporady activity for the ward game night. And the question of how many continents got brought up. Well in the ward theres me and Elder DeYoung who are from the States, and my companion from Mexico and the companion of DeYoung is from Chile. Me and Elder DeYoung said that there are 7 continents (obviously) BUT the other two, Hermana Ramierz, and Elder Torres both thought that there are only 5 and that South America and North America is just one continent, one big America. So I was curious to see if this was just a latin thing and if they taught the same thing here in Argentina. So I asked this one member who was a returned missionary and long story short he made it into an hour long lecture, which they call it "baja la caña" here. He went on to explain to me why theres only 5 and then went off way into World War 2 and crazy politics stuff. And even longer story made short, I will NEVER bring up continents here again and if someone asks me how many there are I simply will say "I don´t know". 

2. Crazy Domingo 
Yesterday, Sunday we had stake conference at the stake building in La Plata. We were all set and ready to go, a family was going to drive us in their van BUT they called us and told us that their van had just broken down. So we ran to catch the bus and waited forever because buses don´t run too much on Sundays. Anyway so after 30 minutes of waiting we finally got on a bus, and not 10 minutes later our bus broke down!! So we were just going to be 5 minutes late but we ended up arriving almost an hour late!! We snuck into the back and then President Thurgood in his talk, asked for all the missionaries to stand up. It was super embarrassing because we were way in the back away from all the other missionaries! And then after the conference a family in the ward invited us to eat lunch with them. We couldn´t say no to free food so we got in their car and we ended up at a restuarant! More specifically a buffet! It was too late to leave now and it would´ve offended them so there was nothing else to do but stay. So yesterday we messed the sacrament and ate out. Such sinners but what can you do, the life of a missionary. 

For spiritualness.. We are still working hard with the few investigators we do have! We have a couple that has finally agreed, after 6 months of listening to the missionaries, have set a date in August to get married so that they can both be baptized! 

And we have just started teaching this one young girl, Erica. She has a baby and lives with her boyfriend. And the past 3 times we´ve taught her she has told us that it just isn´t clicking for her yet. She loves what our church is about but she doesn´t see the need for it in her life. So this past lesson, after we were done I asked her to say the closing prayer. So we all knelt and she said the sweetest and the most heartfelt prayer. By the time she had finished praying we were all crying. And slowly but surely we are seeing huge changes in Erica. The power of prayer is so awesome! 

The Church is true, the mission is the best, and not gonna lie, this is wayyyy better than being at home. #sorrynotsorry 
love you all! have a great week! 
Hermana Colchone

No comments:

Post a Comment