Friday, November 21, 2014

Hola!! 

Ah things are getting real! I got my travel itinerary today and I officially leave on Dec 1st!! And they even put me as the travel leader, not a smart move considering how ditsy I am with directions and stuff lol. But I'm super excited to finally leave the MTC, but superrr nervous to actually leave. I have no idea what to expect down there.. But ready to start this new adventure.

Anyway so this week has literally flown by. The weeks keep going by faster and faster and it feels like just yesterday was Sunday. So I didn't hurt myself anymore this week! yay! But still crossing my fingers lol. On Wednesday my district got to host the new missionaries coming in to the MTC. It was such a nice break from class, but so fun to help and reassure the nervous new missionaries coming in. It was also super awk that I was front row watching us rip the new missionaries away from their families, pero esta bien. That was pretty much the highlight of my week, sad but true lol. 

For a spiritual note, the relief society general president, Sister Linda K. Burton came and spoke at Tuesday's Devotional. She is such a wonderful lady and her talk was amazing. It was on the Savior and the Atonement and that's probably why I loved it so much. That is my FAVORITE church topic. So one thing that I really liked that she said was that bad things are going to happen to all of us. No matter how faithful or unfaithful we are.. Instead of blaming God or asking God "why me" we need to thank our Heavenly Father for these opportunities to grow because the hard times are what brings us to our knees and closer to Him. He is the master healer and the Atonement is so awesome, it covers EVERYTHING!! So love the Savior, and be grateful for the hard times!! It'll all be worth it in the end!

I love you all and thanks for all the support in letters, emails, and packages!! I appreciate it!! 

-Hermana Cannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment