Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy late Christmas!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! My first Christmas in Argentina was wonderful and very different than in the states. They celebrate Christmas more on Christmas Eve so we had to be in the pench super early and at midnight they set off so many fireworks, more than on the 4th of July.

I forgot to say this last week but all that I´ve been praying for and wanting for Christmas is investigators! Right now, we have none.. We´ve had baptisms and lots of contacts recently, but no one really wants to commit and have lessons with it being Christmas time and everything. So it´s been just a little frustrating for my comp and I. But we had a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE yesterday, on Sunday. Alejandro and Mauro, two of our friends that work in the train station showed up! It was a miracle because we had never even taught them any lessons, we just talk to them and invite them to come when we pass by! They loved church and said that they want to come back and we´re going to start teaching them this week! This was by far  the best Christmas present ever!

And then another little miracle happened yesterday. I preached all by myself and gave a man a Plan of Salvation and a Book of Mormon. That probably seems like a duh huh because I´m a missionary and all but it was a huge accomplishment for me because I didn´t have my companion there to help me out with the language.  I was flying solo while my companion was talking to someone on the other side of the bus. And the biggest miracle of all was that I was able to understand all of what he was saying! Small steps:) 

This Christmas is a time for all things new because yesterday I ate rabbit!! I guess it tasted like chicken but the whole time all I could think about was that I was eating Bugs Bunny! Good thing I´m not a vegetarian though lol. 


Happy New Year everyone! Fuah this year came and went so fast! But just because Christmas is over, still remember everyday that Él es la Dádiva (He is the Gift). Love and miss you!!! Feliz 2015!!

No comments:

Post a Comment