Monday, January 19, 2015

HELLO FAMILY! 
 
Woah! I can´t believe that I´m already into my second transfer! It felt like I just got off the plane just yesterday. Not much has happened this week but we did have some interesting lessons! So last Monday night we taught Alejandro, the one who had been coming to church without having any lessons. The plan was to have his neighbor there, who was a member, but canceled last minute. So when we got there he wanted us to go into his house, but we couldn´t because it´s one of the mission rules. Since it was just him and us and no member or no other sister, we couldn´t go into his house, only teach him outside. Well he took it the wrong way and thought that we weren´t respectful and not humble and stuff like that. So he yelled and yelled and yelled and it took my companion to cry before he calmed down, poor thing. We went on to teach him anyway and we started with a hymn. As soon as we sang the hymn I could feel the Spirit there again and soothed the tension. It strengthened my testimony on the power that hymns can bring! 

Thursday we also went by to teach a family who we contacted the past week and when we got there they were all eating bbq and all already drunk. We taught them a little about lesson 1 but quickly left because they weren´t in the best state of mind.

Friday- a family actually found us!! We were walking in an area I´ve never been to before, looking for old investigators that we have records for and a lady from across the street called us over. We were so confused but went over anyway. When we got to her house she was just like hey you´re the missionaries! Turns out she was a less active member and her daughter and son had been talking about how they both really want to be baptized! But the daughter, Karina is 14 and she is already ENGAGED! So crazy! They are the cutest and sweetest family I´m glad that they found us! The Lord works in powerful ways! 

In my short time here in Argentina, I´ve learned that without love, you can´t accomplish anything. Love is essential. I need to love my companion, the people, and the work because when I do, that´s when the miracles happen and we are blessed. We are able to have the Spirit and bring that Spirit to others. 

Today Hna Toala and I napped and vegged out and watched Ephraims Rescue for our pday. GO see it it´s so good but there was a quote at the end that I love it said, 
"When you have eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to feel, you can reach out and rescue others." -Thomas S. Monson 

This is the work of salvation and we need to save and rescue as many of our brothers and sisters as we can. Do the small little things. It makes a big difference. LOVE! Church is true! Love you and miss you!! Oh and I was a trucha this week (lazy) and didn´t take any pictures. Sorry mom! 

Love,
Hermana Cannon (Colchones;)

No comments:

Post a Comment